“In the universe are billions of galaxies, In our galaxy are billions of planets, But there is #OnlyOneEarth. Let’s take care of it. “- UN World Environment Day 5 June 2022
The 2022 World Environment Day campaign #OnlyOneEarth calls for collective, transformative action on a global scale to celebrate, protect and restore our planet. UN has released a comprehensive document to a Practical Guide to living sustainably in harmony with nature, developed for World Environment Day 2022. UN’s plea now is the time to act before it is too late, emphasis the need for everyone including the Governments to act in order to save the Only One Earth we have got. Ther guide released calls every one of us to act before it is too late. We are now in a crisis and have to act to protect land, air and water, we only have one earth.
The main points of concern raised in 2022 are
- Clean up our air and water: Air pollution and Water Pollution that contributes to already deteriorating climate crisis
- Climate action
- Protect and restore nature
- Investment for a sustainable living
- Steps to be taken by Business and industry
- Role of Non-government organizations, community organizations, and faith groups
- Role of Individuals: Raise your voice . The document calls every individual to advocate for the change, start discussions and call for actions.
Since 1973, every year June 5 is observed as the World Environment Day. This year it is hosted by Sweden. United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) launched the World Environment Day with the objective of raising awareness towards the issues that causes degradation of our environment. The first World Environment day observed after the Stockholm United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in 1974 also had the same theme ” Only One Earth”.
In this age of crisis, we ( the Radian IAS Academy team) on behalf of every human being on the earth, as an organization providing awareness to the future bureaucrats, pledge to take severe action that is possible within our limits to protect the environment. Join hands with us. Let’s make the earth safe.